Cut Off Policy
The District reserves the right, but has no obligation, to discontinue service to any customer for cause as follows:
- Without Notice from the District
- If, in the opinion of the District, a condition exists on or near the customer’s premises that would make the continuance of gas service unsafe.
- If the company has reasonable evidence that there is, or may be, an improper or illegal use of the service or any tampering with the District’s equipment.
- Upon request from the customer, subject to the provisions of any agreement between the customer and the District.
- After Five Days Notice in Writing from the District
- For nonpayment of any bill for gas service or any other charge due to the District.
Any exercise by the District of the right to discontinue service shall not limit or abridge the District’s right to pursue any legal or equitable remedies.
The District reserves the right, but has no obligation, to disconnect service to any customer at the street for cause as follows:
- There has been gas consumption on an inactive meter that cannot be contained by accessing the District’s meter.
- Damage to the District’s equipment prevents a cut-off from being achieved at the customer’s meter.
- Actions within the customer’s control have prevented District access to read the customer’s meter.
Prior to disconnecting service at the street to any customer for the above causes, the District shall leave a notice on the door of the premises notifying the customer that service is subject to discontinuance without further notice.
Once a customer’s service has been discontinued for nonpayment, the District shall utilize all legal means to enforce and collect amounts rightfully due to the District. This may be accomplished by the District or its agents.
Reconnection of Service
Where service shall have been discontinued in accordance with District Rules and Regulations, the District shall not be required to restore service until the applicable conditions set forth below have been met by the customer:
- Any condition deemed unsafe by the District has been corrected.
- All bills for service due to the District are paid, or an installment agreement to settle the bills is executed between the customer and the District.
- All applicable reconnection charges and deposits are paid.